2016 Kaua`i Building & Design Tour
Pu`uwai Design and Construction will host a free building and design tour of Kaua`i homes on Saturday, January 30, 2016. Meet our team, see our work and collect ideas for your own projects and properties. Learn more >
Season’s Greetings from Pu`uwai Design & Construction
2015 was an exciting and busy year for Pu`uwai Design and Construction. Our expert team completed the design and construction of many new residential and commercial projects including:
- The new West Kauai Medical Clinic at the Shops at Kukui’ula.
- The design of the new Poipu Beach Athletic Club’s Fitness Center, Pro Shop, and Restroom Facilities.
- Build out of Anuenue Café restaurant in the Poipu Shopping Village.
- Design of the new Hawaii Life Real Estate offices at the Shops at Kukui’ula.
- Hanau ‘O Kuhio, 4,450 s.f. luxury home in the private community of Kukui’ula.
- Phase one of the Bungalows at Poipu Beach, a four unit oceanview development.
- Custom homes in the Wainani & Kakela Makai Subdivisions.
- And much more…
2016 is also shaping up to be a great year for Pu’uwai as we continue to work on several projects still under construction or nearing completion including:
- Build out of the new Hawaii Life Real Estates offices at the Shops at Kukui’ula.
- New offices of CBRE real estate at the Shops at Kukui’ula.
- Completion of two new luxury homes in Kukui’ula, 4,400 s.f. and 4,850 s.f. respectively (currently under construction).
- Groundbreaking of two additional luxury homes in Kukui’ula.
- Cutom homes in Poipu Beach Estates, Wainani, Kakela Makai, Poipu Kai, and Kukui’ula Subdivisions.
- Phase 2 of the Bungalows at Poipu Beach development.
- New four unit development in the Poipu/Koloa area.
We were also fortunate to welcome several new staff members to the Puuwai Team in 2015!
- Richard McSwain, Estimator and Procurement Officer
- Melissa Ragasa, Office Manager
- Nolan Fraley, Construction Manager
- Sophia Del La Vega-Hazas, Interior Design & CAD
As we close 2015 and move boldly into 2016 we will continue to seek out and take on new clients looking for help designing and developing custom homes, commercial spaces and much more.
Mahalo for your support and interest in Pu`uwai Design & Construction, Mele Kalikimaka & Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
Justin and Malia Thain
Featured Property: Kalaheo Town Cottages, Kauai
Time is running out to purchase affordable Kauai real estate at Kalaheo Town Cottages. Only one of the six Kauai cottages remains left unsold at $415,000 with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a bonus room.
The first owners took title of their new Kauai home last week. Closing escrow at $425,000, they received their keys from Peter Sirois and began to move into their beautiful new cottage complete with bright and fresh interiors inclusive of high ceilings, stainless steel appliances, bamboo wood flooring, fully screened lanai and architectural elements that show the developer’s respect for Kauai’s classic architecture.
Kauai needs right priced residential inventory for sale and Malia Thain of Puu Aloha LLC decided to do something about it when she designed Kalaheo Town Cottages. Teaming with her husband and Peter Sirois (R) and Hannah Sirois (PB) of Kauai Heritage Properties, Malia brought this exciting Kauai real estate opportunity to market. These highly attractive 3-bedroom and 2-bedroom Kauai homes for sale are in the heart of Kalaheo Town within walking distance of all town conveniences, Kalaheo Elementary School and the bus stop.
“Kalaheo Town Cottages meets the needs of many buyers looking for smaller homes that are sensitive to the environment. With electric prices at a premium, these Kauai cottages offer homes that live large and are insulated, well ventilated, and include energy efficient appliances. They are also perfect for Kauai real estate buyers who want to live a pedestrian lifestyle.” (Hannah Sirois)
With two of the six homes comprising Kalaheo Town Cottages complete, Malia Thain anticipates beginning construction shortly on the remaining four Kauai cottages. All of the cottages are anticipated to be complete in late 2013 and each painted its own color scheme straight out of Kauai’s historical color palette.
For more information about Kalaheo Town Cottages and to schedule a tour, contact Malia at 808-635-2560.
Pu’uwai Design & Construction is a full-service design/build firm dedicated to great design since 1996. Owners Justin and Malia Thain combine incredible style and innovative design to create buildings with lasting value and timeless appeal. Puuwai has an energetic staff with a wide range of expertise.
Did you know…
Puuwai helps realtors and buyers with property selection
Develops authentic island and plantation style designs
Provides interior design and decorating services
Sells completed homes on exceptional properties
Offers permit expediting services
Has stock building plans at the “production,” “custom,” and “luxury” levels
Engages in commercial work and tenant improvements
Partners with land developers to implement built product
Provides construction financing